Monday, November 3, 2008

Boo






So here we are again. Two weeks past. Halloween come and gone. I love Halloween. As you can see, we love carving pumpkins. The last picture is from My Lo Bue / deMeng class. It's the Keith side of things. I'll show you my deMeng part later. ;) This was another great class. Michael and Keith even learning things from each other. Fun to watch that interaction. I even cheated and used my box from a previous class of Michaels. I was able to finish it up to a level I was much more happy with.

Edit: I wanted to come back to this post and add a bit more about what the heck this thing is. I am very happy with this over all project. The sum of both objects coming together really worked for me. The pendant started as an old =used= CO2 cartridge, two large (Railroad) nails, an old key, a kitchen plant hook thingy and a la-cheep-O Danzig pendant from back in 1989 or some such year plus a yards (ish) worth of rebar wire. I love how solid this thing is. It's a little heavy too. It feels great in your hands. I also loved the contrast of Keith (No glue allowed) and Michael (Glue the world) in class. This part screams Keith. No glue here. All wire work and I am sure you could kill someone with it. Did I say that out loud? Oops...

1 comment:

Don Madden said...

Nice carving on the pumpkins! Wish I could have been at Portland.