Tuesday, September 9, 2008

Tease time

So, for the last two weeks I have been working on a cigar box shrine for the street kids of Oaxaca auction. (See tease image) I am happy with how this is going thus far and have found it to be a good challenge for various reasons. Everything seems to be taking 2 to 3 times as long as it should. Etching has turned out to be slightly more challenging than I thought it would be. My times were not solid. Some bits took far longer to etch than others, but everything is working. So woot.

In other news: My wife and I have just celebrated our 12th anniversary and 14 years together!!! Oh yeah! My wife, my muse, my beloved. She is, in fact, amazing. I am so dang happy these days it's kinda crazy. Everything flows well with us. Now we just have to make sure we keep it this way. (looks up at sky) "No more tests for a while please." We went to Teatro ZinZanni for our anniversary dinner on Sunday. If you are in the area and can make it to this place then GO. Drag queen plus random member of the audience = more laughter than I have experienced in a VERY long time. "Manchester" was the guy/girls name and is only the MC for the show. The entire show was hilarious and very fun. A 5 course meal with cirque like entertainment. Really great stuff. The show changes once every 3 months or so. Some are more comedy tuned and others are... well different somehow. I'm not sure how, but that's what I was told, so there. Just think Cirque Du Soleil in a small venue with great food as well.

4 comments:

Don Madden said...

12/14 years? Good work, and keep going. Of course that's easy for me to say -- I married Susan (my Trophy Wife) before you were born.
P.S. The tests never stop. If it was easy it wouldn't be worth it.

BoneFolder said...

12/14? Damn. Shoshanah and I are coming up on 9/17. But you two looked like newlyweds at AU, I never saw you more than about four feet apart…

Michael said...

We do get that a lot... and we like it that way. ;) We have a lot of fun together.

-Mike

Anonymous said...

The page is looking awesome nin...oh wait i mean michael =P /waves from sylennia. tell chi i says hi. I lost your email addy so i cant actually email you =( makes me sad. i'm still on skype if you ever get the chance to talk. Miss you guys a bunch.

syl/leslie