Saturday, April 3, 2010

My soap box

Pardon me while I pull up my soap box for a sec. Yes, I like silly virtual games. All video games are silly. All of them, and I play many. Don't tell me how to live. Don't tell me I am waisting my time. It isn't your life. There is only one thing thats important to me in life. That I be happy with it. I am. Am I in perfect physical shape? No. Are there things I could do to exercise my brain more? Yeah, I'm sure there are. That, however, is my choice. Not yours. Why is what I do so important to you anyway? Perhaps you should think about that.

To anyone reading this, no. No one said anything to me. Someone said something to a friend in a public net space. These are my thoughts on it. Yes, I am grumpy. Give me a sec and I won't be any more. I just have to remember that what people to and say is all about them. Not me. Not me or anyone else but them. Dorks...

2 comments:

Strong Noodle Blog said...

Don't let them get you down. Matter of fact(s) here are a few:

http://discovermagazine.com/2005/jul/brain-on-video-games

http://www.boston.com/news/health/articles/2009/10/12/how_video_games_are_good_for_the_brain/

http://www.shockmd.com/2009/08/17/video-games-affect-the-brain-good-or-bad/

The conclusion is clear...all else being equal, you are probably smarter than the guy that got under you skin BECAUSE of the video games that you play.

So keep play, have fun, and don't let the dorks let you down

Don Madden said...

illigitimi non carborundum
--------------------------
Pseudo-Latin but it gets the point across.