Wednesday, August 13, 2008

Oltso Attma told me to write this... He looks serious.


Oltso Attma the famous Native American / Egyptian / one eyed Electrical Outlet god... o.O or um....something. It's obviously a powerful god. For one he is mostly an electrical outlet. For two...well just look at all those keys. He must be able to unlock the secrets to ...well something for sure. Perhaps the bathroom? Speaking of that, I'll be right back.

Dang it, still locked.... and now Oltso is looking at me funny.

I am obviously going to have to plunk around with this whole "blog" thing...as the site wanted to import my image sideways... grumble. Re-imported twice...same problem both times. Links fine from Photobucket. ANYWAY, Go figure, me making a totem with one eye. I crack me up sometimes. I didn't even think about it honestly. It just happened.

So here I sit, my wife and I back from yet another trip to the hardware store. I forgot to get the bolts for the vice....again... Wait. Let me back up some. So Erin and I used to play WoW. "Wow...whats that?" you say? World of Warcrack (or warcraft if you like). A time sink of a MMO video game. Oh, I'll just log on and check some auctions and do one daily quest. 6 hours later

Me: "Gee, I'm hungry honey, lets go get some lunch."
Erin: "It's 4:30 Mike."
Me: "Wow....um dinner?"

See how it got it's name?

Anyway, I logged onto our guild website and posted a formal good bye. We are done. Oltso Attma told me so. No more time slipping away in pixel form. Fake rewards for the monkey pressing the buttons in the correct order. Hell the damn monkey got a freaking banana. I didn't even get that. I got my monitor to shine the pretty lights in a different pattern. I have better stuff to do....for now at least. The ONLY thing I would have missed is the people, but I can still talk with them. They ARE real. Oltso Attma told me so. So for now I have better things to be doing. Like buying anvils n stuff. Banging on metal, torturing plastic and playing with caustic chemicals! YEAH BABY! Don't get much better than that.

Now, some of you might have noticed that my wife speaks with a rhythm and poetic grace that makes it feel as if you were reading the Russian ballet. Hope you weren't looking for that here! HAH. No no. I'm....um... geek on the dance floor with words. Fun to laugh at and sometimes you just feel bad for em. Hope you enjoy!

Oh, by the by,
Oltso Attma was created in Michael deMengs class "Creative outlets" at Art Unraveled 2008.

8 comments:

rebecca said...

welcome home to your musing heart! so glad you followed erin to art unraveled and walked her to class so i could know the smile behind the kilt, oh, i mean words. (oltso attma made me say that.)

warmly,
rebecca

Don Madden said...

Way cool.

BoneFolder said...

That looks great! Like Plankton wishes he looked. (Sorry -- I have a Spongebob-obsessed 6-year-old.) It definitely has a postmodern Native American look to it.

Where did the name come from? I'm embarrassed to admit that I sat here trying to work out what it's an anagram of. ("Slam tattoo? No, that can't be it. Last Tomato? Total Atoms?")

I wish I could have taken that class but I did have fun in the copper enameling class I took instead. (...and went home and spent like $200 on all the stuff so I could do it too...)

Did you get the taxidermy eye from our shop? It looks very impressive. We love seeing what people do with our goodies.

--Mike Jennings
--Hannah Grey Curiosities & Drygoods

Michael said...

First off. Nice job on the anagrams! I had NO clue you could make any of that stuff out of the name. LOL Second. I am really glad someone got a kick out of the name. I had a very hard time trying to name this guy. Nothing just seemed to fit. Then Oltso Attma spoke to me. He said "Dude (he says that a lot) Just look above my head. You wrote my name right there!" and LOW, yes, in fact, his name was already placed neatly above his bulging eye. It was just broken up a bit. "OLT 50 ATT MA" =D

Erin and I also came home and ordered everything we needed to do all the projects we had done at Art Unraveled. Only thing is, we had never been to anything like this ever before! O.O

Michael said...

Oh, and yes, the eye did come from your shop. It also gave me the idea to use all my old prosthetic eyes in a project....just not sure what yet. Heh

rscoach said...

Michael - so glad you too have entered the world of blog - you are a hoot and so talented - glad we had time to talk and take class together (Michael de Meng's Sunday outlet class)

since you brought up the subject of your prosthetic eyes, thought you might enjoy a story from long ago about my G'pa's glass eye - he kept a spare in a box in the medicine chest - one day when he was at work and my Mom and her twin sister were little girls, they decided they wanted to play "marbles" outside on the sidewalk - and went and got G'pa's glass eye from the medicine chest to use as a marble - things were going great until G'pa came home from work - He was an immigrant from Poland and very "old school" - The story goes that the twins couldn't sit down for a week after he paddled them with his belt - they never played with his glass eye again - gee, I can't imagine why? Stay in touch - big hugs - Reva

BoneFolder said...

[smacking forehead] Errr... right. The name is right there. See, I looked at that and, with my electrical background, I filled in what's missing (50 watt max). Oh well.

I gotta say, I'm mystified at how we never had any of the same classes all week. I had never introduced myself because I just kind of assumed you'd be in at least _one_ of them. I'm glad we eventually met though.

--Mike Jennings

Michael said...

Mike: Yeah. I actually guessed that you weren't taking classes because I figured the same thing. If you were you would have been in at least one of mine. DOAH. There we go...assuming junk again. lol

Riva: Great story. Heh. Old school Polish guy. I know one or two of them. I be he had a fun side too. One of the guys I know likes to make his own moonshine around Xmas. WHOOO....look out. He gathers as many people as he can, feeds them all this stuff and they all go out caroling. He has a slay that he pulls behind his Subaru while he hangs his arm out the window jingling bells. Last time he came by our home he hadn't hitched the slay properly and left about 8 people sitting in our driveway as he pulled out singing and jingling his bells. LOL