Saturday, August 16, 2008

Fun time with caustic chemicals!

Well another day past and I want to get these thoughts down before they slip into that section of my brain that needs a serious kick to the head in order to remember anything stored there. This Etched Copper Journal class was my first experience at Art Unraveled and I have to say it could not have been a better way to start. Here I was an illustrator/ animator with no reason to do anything at all. Why draw if it's just going into a sketchbook that no one will ever see? I feel like the work I do should affect people some how, not just rot in a dark space someplace in my house. So here I am in a class not knowing really whats about to happen and Josie lets lose with "...and you can also free hand draw with a Sharpie onto the copper and etch that way." So after I picked up my jaw off the desk I started playing with this mix of stamps and freehand. Suddenly a phone rang in my head. Wrong number though. Anyway, I realized I had a new medium now! I could DO something with this stuff! I had no clue quite what yet, but I knew something was coming down the road and it wasn't trying to run me over.

3 comments:

Long Black Eyelahes said...

Wow! Your art is really awesome! Love it! Angelica

Michael said...

Thank you for your kind words. :)

Penney said...

Hey, Michael: I have you linked to my blog, does Erin have a blog I can visit?
Love your etched journal, don't answer the phone if it's a wrong number! LOL!

Penney
penney.klaproth@cox.net